This Operations team is looking to add a Database Administrator to our growing organization. You would be a key member of the team that keeps the company running and serving over 50 million users in 60 countries. You should get excited about managing large data sets, from schema design to performance tuning, for thousands of transactions per second.
- Build and maintain database infrastructure
- Direct responsibility for site reliability
- Taking part in a 24×7 on call rotation
- Work with software engineers to design extensible and scalable data storage systems
- Troubleshoot issues with applications, databases and servers
- Extensive experience managing large installations of database systems like MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc.
- Strong understanding of data design principles and performance optimization techniques
- Experience with high volume web applications
- Strong understanding of MySQL high availability, performance, replication and backups
- Experience with general system scripting using one of Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Understanding of system monitoring tools such as Nagios, Ganglia, Munin and Cacti
- Dedication to quality and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills