Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
We are looking for experienced full-stack Ruby on Rails developers to join our application development team.
You will be working on a highly agile and diverse team, where everyone gets to see immediate benefits from their work. If you like to come in to work with passion and leave work with satisfaction, you’ll fit right in! If you appreciate Agile and Lean development practices, focus on a business value and understand what continuous improvement means, this is the place for you!
- Develop the next generation social media intelligence platform.
- Drive and participate in feature requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and implement product features in a fast-paced environment following agile development methodology.
- Work with the management to understand user requirements and design elegant solutions to problems at hand.
- Participate in planning, estimating and scheduling activities
- Blog about tips, tricks and trends in ruby on rails development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical discipline)
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails. (We are primarily a rails shop)
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of database concepts; familiarity with one of the major databases a plus (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with OAuth, integration of 3rd party services (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and dealing with APIs is a major plus.
- Passion for building modern, intuitive and elegant user interfaces.
- Solid understanding of techniques used to optimize web performance.
- Experience using Git version control
- Excellent communication and written skills